The Site Work Superintendent position will manage and control assigned projects, including overseeing field operations, site safety, productivity, schedule, quality work, and trade contractor and supplier coordination and work in conjunction with the Project Manager leading the project team. The Site Work Superintendent reports directly to the Site Work Project Manager.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Coordinates and supervises all site work construction activities and field personnel.
- Achieve completion of the project on schedule and within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications.
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately. Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy.
- Maintains an organized and clean jobsite at all times.
- Review the plans and specifications for constructability, identify and resolve problems in a clear and concise manner.
- Determines work procedures, prepares and updates work schedules, and expedites work flow; studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Maintain the highest level of quality control in the field through daily inspection and immediate corrective action.
- Communicate at all levels of the organization to assure efficient and effective operations.
- Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the project.
- Maintains positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
- Communicates daily with the Site Work Project Manager about the projects’ schedules.
- Must be able to lift and move work related items up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to push, pull up, bend at the knees and waist, twist body at waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as needed
- Must be able to stand, squat and kneel on hard surfaces
- Must be able to grasp and hold tools and other items with hands
- Must be able to work frequently in hot temperatures, loud noises and exhaust fumes
Job Skills, Knowledge, Training and Experience
- Advanced knowledge of construction principles, techniques and procedures, such as site layout, site grading, excavation, above ground/underground utilities, and storm water drainage structures.
- Knowledge and ability to implement Federal and State regulations.
- Knowledge of budgeting, hiring and supervision.
- Ability to understand and implement construction documents such as drawings, specifications, estimates, etc.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality work while simultaneously managing multiple projects.
- A self-starting, highly motivated and goal oriented individual
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality
- Very organized with a systematic approach tasks to achieve accuracy and efficiency
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities
- Professionally and technically competent
- Quick, sharp, confident, assertive, ethical and ambitious
- Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints
- Friendly and out-going in social contacts
- Works easily with others
Education and Training Requirements
- 15 years’ experience in the development of construction site preparations and bid process
- FDOT MOT Certified
- CDL Preferred