Responsible for new Business Development by utilizing your network of contacts to expand both the Architectural and Construction aspects of the Company. Significantly contribute to bringing in new business and increase Company revenues.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Meet with clients to discuss client’s expectations.
- Determine objectives, requirements and budget of a project.
- Provide various predesign services which may include conducting feasibility and environmental impact studies; selecting a site, or specifying the requirements the design must meet.
- Prepare drawings and present ideas for the client to review.
- Develop final construction plans that show the building’s appearance as well as details for its construction.
- Follow all building codes, zoning laws, fire regulations, and other ordinances.
- Make necessary changes throughout the planning process
- Carry out inspections on the construction sites
- Make presentations and develop relationships with prospective and existing customers to bring in new business and increase revenue.
Job Skills, Knowledge, Training and Experience:
- Knowledge of computer aided design software, especially AutoCAD and personal computer software, i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, database, and graphics.
- Ability to perform a variety of multiple complex tasks; analyze complex problems and conceptualize solutions.
- Ability to work independently and to facilitate and participate in problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to effectively lead and direct the work of others and collaborate with professionals at varying levels of responsibility.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively convey architectural concepts in written, graphic formats and oral presentations to executives, clients, and staff.
- Knowledge of project budget and schedule management.
- Wide degree of creativity.
- Excellent presentation and sales skills to promote the Company and sell its services.
- Very strong understanding of industry and customer requirements.
- Ability to accomplish goals by relying on extensive experience and judgment.
- Must be able to frequently sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk/hear
- Must be able to stand, squat and kneel
- Must be able to lift and move work related items up to 10 – 50 pounds
- Must be able to push, pull up, bend at the knees and waist, twist body at waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as needed
- Must be able to grasp, have good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity to use keyboard and operate office equipment
Education and Training Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture
- Five years of experience in the field or in a related area